Monday, October 20, 2014

BBQ Chicken Pizza

It has been awhile since I have updated with some recipes, but that does not mean I have not been cooking, in fact, I have been cooking lots lately!  But this past week, I had my bible study over on Wednesday night for study and for dinner!  I made a personal favorite, BBQ chicken pizza.  This is a combination of a lot of my favorite pizzas but check out below for ingredients and instructions!  And of course, report back if you try this yourself, let me know what you think!

First things first, I never make pizza crust (like I think I have once in my whole life), why would I?  You can just go to Trader Joe's and pick up a bag of it for $2, or if you are feeling even more lazy (as I was this week), you can go with another good staple:  Pillsbury Classic Pizza Crust!  This stuff comes in a can like biscuits and rolls out (it is literally that easy).  You should note you do have to stretch it and push it a bit to get it to the size of a pan, but rest assured it will get there!




Next obviously is the toppings!  You can mix it up to what you like but I have found these are my favorites: BBQ sauce, red onion, chicken, fresh pineapple, Gouda cheese, and.....




Then I top it off with cilantro, I put this on before the whole thing goes in the oven and it works fine, but if you are picking you can pull it out a few minutes before it is done to add the cilantro (but as we decided earlier, I am being lazy--I want it all done at once).  Plus, realistically, I would probably forget to add it later and would be upset!


As you can see in the finished product, the cilantro cooks up--it is totally cool there is still at least one tasty bit in almost every bite so we are all good:


And now for the recipe:


BBQ Chicken Pizza:
Ingredients:
* 1 can of Pillsbury Classic Pizza Dough
* 8 oz of fresh Gouda cheese
* 1/2 of a fresh pineapple
* 1 small red onion
* Honey barbecue sauce
* 8-12 ounces of skinless/boneless chicken breasts/tenderloins
* bunch of cilantro

Directions:
1. Cook chicken in honey barbecue sauce until done and slice into thin pieces (this can be done the day  before)
2. Preheat oven to the temperature on the pizza dough (I think it was 400 degrees Fahrenheit)
3. Unroll pizza dough on grease cookie sheet and stretch to fit.
4. Cook pizza dough for 8 minutes, during this time feel free to peel and slice the onion and pineapple and shred the cheese.
5, After crust has cooked a little spread with barbecue sauce and layer on toppings, I liked to put the onions on first, then the pinepple then the chicken.
6. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over all the toppings (this helps to keep them on the pizza and keeps them from falling off
7. After cheese is on top, take the cilantro (wash and rinse first) and take just the leaves to sprinkle over the cheese.
8. Cook for another 10-12 minutes until cheese is just starting to brown and cut and serve.

Yields: 6-8 servings, maybe less if people are really hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment