Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Margaritas, Argo, and the Ravens

That about sums up my weekend-O-fun!  I got off work on Friday and went to pick up a certified letter from my leasing office.  I read the letter and freaked out because I thought it was saying I had to move out in 60 days as they were planning to sell my house.  I was thoroughly upset and dreading the prospect of moving yet again and so soon after I just  moved.  So I did what any sane person would do, grabbed my friend and went to drown my sorrows in margaritas!  Wait did I say margaritas?  I meant MARGARITA--just one--and a small at that!  I was feeling way better after just 3 tiny little sips.  CJ got the medium and was not even able to finish the whole thing, they were just that well made!

You see where my priorities were!

The palm tree was wrapped in this plastic that made it look like aluminium foil, it made my slightly intoxicated self laugh!
After dinner, we went to Target to walk around for a bit--who does not love a Target run?  Then I left CJ and headed over to get some one-on-one time with my friend, Anna!  It was a good night and I was even in bed before midnight!

Saturday morning I got to sleep in before heading to the south side to get my mom so I could hang out with her while my car got inspected.  We did a little Thrift Store shopping and grabbed lunch at the new Kroger Marketplace with my dad.  I left the mom's and went to catch up with my friend, Lila.  She had invited CJ and I over to have a girls afternoon complete with wine, manicures, and chick flicks while she was getting ready for a wedding she had to go to that evening.  As I was opting out of the alcohol, I got a Shirley Temple, complete with TWO cherries!

After Lila's, I went home to get ready for the night.  A bunch of friends were meeting up to go see the movie, Argo, at The Byrd Theater.  We grabbed some dinner then got in line for the movie--it was AWESOME!  Afterward, we meet up with a bunch of law students (maybe like 10+) at a local bar for drinks and dancing before calling it a night!

Sunday was full of time to relax, I hit up church in the morning, then the grocery store, did some laundry, and cooked dinner for the Superbowl, all while getting some down time and watching some TV...it was fantastic!  I watched most of the Superbowl with some girlfriends (let's be honest, when Downton Abbey came on, the Superbowl was over for all of us) and enjoyed a meal of Chicken taco burrito bowls :)

All in all, a fantastic weekend!  Oh and that letter, after further reading, it was giving me 60 days notice that they were not renewing my lease so I still have until the end of May to find a place to live!



No comments:

Post a Comment