Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Where is the Love?

Apparently, in my life, it is all around me!  I love celebrating Valentine's Day, yes I am single, and no that does mean I am going to hate this holiday.  Love goes so much deeper than relationship status.  Love is all around--it is in our family, friends, and community.  Who did you show love to this week?

One of my top ten favorite verses in the bible is definitely 1 Corinthians 13:4-7:

"Love is patient, love is kind.  It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

What a beautiful picture that teaches me about how I should love, and what better day of the year to be reminded of such a love than on Valentine's Day.  I have always been a proud sponsor of the reds, pinks, and purples.  I love greeting friends with hugs and smiles.  I love showing my love through small little gifts, that remind people that I am thinking about them.  And I have amazing friends that know my love language too.  I got spoiled this Valentine's day!


The Red Target Weekender watch.  I have been eyeing this sucker for months now and my sweet friend, Kathryn got it for me--in red nonetheless!

Always speaking my love language, I came home from Lifegroup to find my FAVORITE flower (gerber daisies) in pink on my porch from my dear friend, CJ!  (They have found a home next to the other flowers I got from her like 3 weeks ago that are still going strong)

And an adorable card from my bestie, Anna!

A cute card from my friend Heather, with her new dog as a Heart :)

A sweet card from my friend, Amanda!

My friend, Sara, brought this with some Berger cookies when she visited the weekend before!

What a way to end this holiday!  I feel loved each and every day by my amazing friends and family!  I hope the same for each and every one of you!

1 comment:

  1. We can see if the Trader Joe's flowers can live longer than The Fresh Market flowers! They were pretty epic!

    ReplyDelete