Friday, January 17, 2014

You have served me well

In May of 2005, I graduated from college and my parents go me the best graduation present in the world...Luggage!  Although I was not as excited about it at the time, little did I know the adventures that I would take with my purple baggage.  It was a 3 piece purple Leisure set and they got it at sears or some other big name store for probably $60 total.  This big suitcase has taken me all over the place, including, but not limited to: Bahamas, St. Thomas, Dominican Republic (twice), Aruba, Curacao, Belize, Jamaica (2, maybe 3 times), Miami, Orlando, basically all of the mid-west, Grand Cayman, Key West, and a handful of other places, most recently Nashville.  It was on this fateful trip--just one state away that my little bag decided it was done traveling.  We pull into the airport on the way home and the handle bar will not pull out (despite many efforts and different people trying) forcing me to carry the 40+ pound bag from the rental car stop to the check in desk.  It was then and there, I decided it best we go our separate ways.  I knew it was starting to reach time when about 2 years ago the front zipper broke, then last year on my cruise, one of the zippers to the big part broke as well.  Well this last fatality was the final straw.  I decided it is time we cut our losses and move onto more adventures with a different bag.  But rest assured little purple bag, you served me well--we have had so many great times together!



So in other news, where do you get the best deals in luggage?


4 comments:

  1. I got mine from TJ Maxx / Marshalls! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks G, lucky for me, Bons said she had a spare one---its not purple but its hard to say no to free!

      Delete
  2. I agree - TJ Maxx or Marshalls have some good options for good prices :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Girl, I may have to look there, my mom said she had one I could use too :)

      Delete