Thursday, February 21, 2013

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious...

...even though the sound of it is something quite atrocious, if you say it loud enough you'll always sound precocious, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

Well now that I have that song stuck in your head, allow me to share what I did last night!  My friend, Anna, CJ, and I all went out to a quick dinner at Carytown Burgers and Fries before heading onto Richmond's Landmark Theater for the Mary Poppin's play.

The stage.


CJ and Anna before the show started!

Step In Time number.  Do not be fooled by how far away it looks, we were in the 5th row, center, so we actually had pretty amazing seats!

The play was not very in sync with the movie, which was quite sad.  I love the movie, so I felt there were a few missed opportunities where they could have done better.  But I have heard from a few people that the play is sort of a mix of the book and the movie, I just did not know that going into it, so my expectations were up higher than they should have been.  The most awesome scene in the movie--the dancing penguins  was totally left out and instead they had statues that came to life and started dancing around. That is just one example of many!

At any rate, I enjoyed spending time with the girls and am looking forward to Les Miserables next month (I just wish I had not seen that movie now too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment