Thursday, July 5, 2012

Independence...

I always love to celebrate Independence Day.  It is such a fantastic reminder of our freedoms and privileges in the United States, not to mention the fantastic time with friends and family, the cookouts, the fireworks, the SUMMER time :)  Plus who does not love to wear red, white, and blue?


This July 4th was no exception. I started the holiday actually painting my bathroom, hey don't judge, I have the freedom to do what I want with my day off work!  Well I actually woke up at 6:30 am (ON MY DAY OFF) so I figured I might as well make good use of my time.  Then I went with my friend Emily to watch the 4th of July Parade with her and her sister (and her sister's 4 kids).  It was awesome, we the kids got lots of candy and then we went to the picnic area where they had free hot dogs, sodas, face painting, etc.  It was awesome!
Me and Emily in our 4th of July outfits

The Color Guard kicks off the parade

Ummm awesome--a patriot tap shoe!

Emily with her sister and the kids!


I came back home and was quite tired so I read a little then took a short nap before heading out to my friend, Kristi's cookout.  It was a great time with friends and I made a super awesome cake for the occasion (thanks pinterest).  I even got to see some fireworks on my drive home....back to work today though...
Just seems like a normal cake....but wait til you cut into it....

a flag is in the inside (I told you it was awesome!)


Although Anna does not like cake, she was still excited about the creation--what a great friend!

While we are all out celebrating with cookouts and food and booze and friends, it is always important to remember those that are on the front lines serving our country, spending time away from their friends and family so that this Independence we hold so dear, is still ours to hold.  So thank you to all the service men and women and families for ALL of your hard work!

1 comment: