Friday, December 16, 2011

And let the Christmas parties begin....

Well well, what a season it has been.  I feel like it was summer and now its Christmas!  What the heck?  Anyway, we now enter the time of Christmas parties and I LOVE IT!  Last weekend I had a cocktail party Saturday night, a party with the youth group I help lead on Sunday, a Christmas celebration on Tuesday night and this weekend is my annual Christmas Potluck on Saturday where me and my 50 closest friends get together and celebrate.  (No I do not really have 50 close friends, but its one of my favorite traditions to invite everyone I know and their friends in hopes to gain a better sense of community and to meet new people, so I generally have a turn out around 50-60 people!  YAY!  Then on a much smaller scale, I will be having my annual cookie exchange on Sunday.  Work Christmas luncheon the following week and then Christmas breakfast and white elephant with the whole extended family before heading to my sisters for yet another Christmas celebration.  Throw one more get together with my dad's side of the family in there and the Christmas festivities will wrap up!  I do love this time of year, all the quality time with friends and family all the while celebrating the birth of our Savior, Jesus!  What a wonderful season to be alive!  I wish everyone the best of Christmas cheer and lots of Merriness!

No comments:

Post a Comment