Wednesday, December 14, 2011

11 days

In 10 very short days, i will be heading to bed at night, knowing that Santa will make his most wonderful appearance that night and bring all sorts of goodies our way.  And do not try to convince me otherwise.....I was a Polar Express kid, so I know the "true" story!  What is better than all that?  I am feeling much better, totally re-energized and have about a million things happening over the next 2 weeks to get me excited about Christmas--a work party, a potluck, a cocktail party, last Advent lunch, a cookie exchange, a tacky lights tour, and a dinner with my girlfriends to celebrate our Christmas season (this year we are trading gifts for a nice dinner and I like it).  But even during this season of life of giving and getting...lets not forget the most precious gift every given....the gift of JESUS!  I know, I am all too guilty of going through the commercial season with the gifts, the Christmas music, then paper chains, and the "holiday" spirit--none of which are bad in themselves, but I also need to remember that I am so very blessed to be able to be free because of the very FIRST Christmas gift--the gift of our Savior!  So enjoy the kindness of strangers, the time with family, the Christmas ham, and those crazy parties, but remember that there is one who loves you more than any humanly person can and that is our Lord Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment