Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Chesterfield County Fair

I am sure all you Virginians have heard of the Virginia State Fair, but more locally, we have the Chesterfield County Fair!  A much (MUCH) smaller version but equally as entertaining!  I always think of fairs as being about 50% fun and about 50% people watching so this was sure to excite!  (Don't worry, I feel equally confident that people are watching me as much as I am watching them--yes, I cheering on pig racing, yes, I was the only adult feeding animals in the kid's petting zoo area, and yes, we got our picture with the clown).

But as anyone who has been to a fair can attest, you cannot leave without some taste of a fried something, and since I was attending this one with my mom and aunt and uncle and NONE of them had had a fried oreo, I felt that was a good place to start, so we shared a batch!


One of the many animals, I saw, fed and/or petted while there:

Here we are getting ready for the pig race, I cheered on Denny Hamlet (of course!):



I think I always love the colors and lights, sounds and smells of the fair--it really is one time when I truly appreciate having all senses in tact!



Now, who is ready for the State Fair of Virginia?  It is coming to town in just 10 short days!  Let me know if you are interested in going, you can be sure I will be there, likely feeding the goats or chomping down a fried oreo!

No comments:

Post a Comment