Wednesday, September 17, 2014

10 books that have impacted/influenced me! (plus a few extras!)

So my friend, Amanda tagged me in a post on facebook to name the 10 books that have profoundly moved/impacted/influenced me and since it has been awhile since I have done a book post of any kind, I thought it was fitting to answer the post on here!  As you hopefully already know, I am an avid book reader and lover, so after much thought, here is my ten books (in no particular order);

1. Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
2. Radical by David Platt
3. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants book series by Ann Brashares
4. Summer Sisters by Judy Blume
5. Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom
6. Mountains Beyond Moutains by Tracy Kidder
7. The Bible God breathed, but multiple contributors ;)
8. Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
9. The Hot Zone by Richard Preston
10. The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom

And because it was hard to encapsulate all my choices in just ten books, here are a few bonuses for you all:

11. Night by Elie Wiesel (I know Amanda already picked this one too, but it works for me as well)
12. Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prohphet, Spy by Eric Mataxas
13. The Hunger Games book series by Suzanne Collins (I am not sure I would say this is life-changing but I think its a worthwhile read for sure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment