Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Vacation Part II


After our little jaunt to Fort Sumter, we decided it would be fun to drive around to see some of the architecture before parking to do some walking around and shopping!  In a great attempt to see what is referred to as "Rainbow Row" we drove down by the waterfront and looked at the colorful houses, it was only later that we realized we did not actually see the real "Rainbow Row," we just saw a few colorful houses--which is apparently a thing in Charleston!
Pink House


Coral House
For the record, this is what Rainbow row is supposed to look like (picture taken from the internet)


 Charleston is also home to many many beautiful churches:

And awesomely named streets, here I am with my namesake:
King Street Love

After some shopping and checking out the market, we went to see the pineapple water fountain and to walk by the waterside!  Along the way, I couldn't help but notice just how beautiful everything is in Charleston and how nicely everything is kept up!

Allison & Me at the pineapple fountain (along with some random kid swimming in the backgroun)

The city was so beautiful and it was nice to see some sailboats out for the day when we were there!

I also loved seeing the architecture and the horse drawn carriage rides all over the city!

simply beautiful!

And if you did not see it well enough before, here I am with King Street again!

We had quite the full day on Sunday in Charleston and came back to Allison & Jason's for a nice dinner on the grill and some Netflix before bed!  On Monday morning, Allison and I met up with my friend, Mary, who is currently in Charleston while her husband is in school at the base there.  It was great to catch up with her just a few weeks before her little girl made the arrival into the world!
Mary & me
 After breakfast, Allison and I went back to the Island, ideally for some sun time, but by the time we arrived back, it had started raining, so we grabbed a late lunch with my mom and her friend and hung out before Allison left to go back home.  It was great to get to catch up and to see their new house and I enjoyed every second of it!




No comments:

Post a Comment