Thursday, June 26, 2014

Vacation Part III

It is funny how this worked out, the first 3 days of vacation get two posts while the last 4 days get only one!  But once we got back to Hilton Head, the rest of the week was spent reading, relaxing, laying by the pool, going to the beach, drinking, and more relaxing!

On Monday afternoon after Allison headed back home (in the rain), Bons and I decided we would hit up the outlets!  Of course when we got there, the sun was starting to come out, which would have made for perfect beach weather, but we were committed at that point, so we shopped til our hearts content!  Then ended the day with Panera bagels for dinner, I am sad to admit that this was the only dinner we ate out all week and it was on PANERA BAGELS (but they are oh so good!)

The bons and I
 We spent a fair amount of time at the beach, but did not venture too far out in the water, since the week or so before we left, I came across this article!  In fact, one day while we were sitting by the waters edge, we saw what was either a shark or dolphin fin, not too far off the coastline, so it might have been a solid decision to avoid going out too far in the water.  Aside from the threat of sharks, the water was still a bit chilly, so it all worked out!


Late Monday night, Andy and his friend Patrick came to stay for a few days (they had been in North Carolina for the weekend before).  Always adding excitement to the mix, they rented a tandem bike for the time they were there!
What a cute picture!

Bike in action!

On Tuesday night, we hit up one of our favorite places to drink on the Island because of their famous BOGO Margaritas!!!  You buy one and get a token to get the 2nd one for free in case you want to come back (but that did not happen with us), so we had a few pre-dinner margs then went home where I cooked up some Mexican for dinner!

Here we are hanging out in the Big Bamboo:


After Andy and Patrick headed home, Bons and I took some time on Thursday after a morning at the pool to head over to Sea Pines where we did some shopping and walking around the cute area there!  Needless to say, we did not buy anything but it was nice to enjoy the beautiful weather and get in a nice walk before heading home on Friday.  All in all, it was a great vacation--I did not even finish one whole book (which is totally out of character for me on vacation), but I got lots of down time, which is always appreciated!


One of my favorite spots on the Island, Frosty Frog!

A great memory to leave you with, as I was throwing trash out Friday morning since we were leaving the Timeshare, I had not one, but two families, approach me to try to give me their excess alcohol, which I did not take since we were headed out ourselves!  But apparently I look like someone who takes booze hand-outs!  (and really on second thought, I totally should have!  Who doesn't love free wine and beer?!?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment