Friday, June 27, 2014

Post Vacation Craziness!

Once vacation was over, I did not waste anytime getting back into the swing of things!  We got back Friday evening at like 6:30 or so, and I joined in with the gang for some South-side speedway action!  (Seriously don't knock it til you have tried it, and if you ever want to try it, let me know!)

Me, Emily & Anna (this was her first race and she loved it)

In pure beginner luck, Anna got to see her first wreck only minutes after walking into the gates during the qualifying rounds!  It was a rare treat and Emily and I kept telling her how lucky she was!  No worries, the driver was just fine!

Here are some action shots, racing under the lights at South-side:






Then on Saturday I got to see Ms. Emily graduate from High School!  It was such a cool experience; at her school, they get the parents to present the diplomas (how special)!  Then afterward we all went for a celebratory lunch at Brio!



Saturday afternoon, we owed Ms. Nannie a visit since it had been over a week since we had seen her!  And what a great surprise, Aunt Jean & Sharon stopped in as well, so we snapped a few pictures to have the memories!

Mother/Daughter picture

Grandmother/Granddaughter picture

Then Sunday, i had a breakfast date with Ms. Elaine who was in town for the weekend!  We met at Panera and caught up on the joys of life before she took off for N.C.  Too bad I have no picture to commemorate the event, cause we always take such epic pictures!!  Then, I had church stuff in the morning, followed by the Greek festival with Kathryn, then I managed to find my way to the West End to spent the afternoon with the Beabout's before heading to Youth group!  I could not resist taking a picture of these two cuties (in their matching hokie gear, no less)!


All-in-all, I had quite the full post vacation weekend and I loved every minute of it!  I was feeling the need for some people time after a few days of relaxing and reading with just the Bons and I!

What is your post vacation ritual?  Do you need a vacation from your vacation?  Or are you ready to see people the minute you get home?  Better yet, where is the travel bug taking you this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment