Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Project Runway, Jr.

So a couple of weeks ago, one of my youth group girls mentioned that she was in a "Teen Stylin" Competition.  Of course, my first thought was, what in the world is that?  Well she explained it to me and I said, "Oh, like Project Runway!"  Not sure if all the contestants want to be compared to that but in all honesty that is what it was.  A little version of Project Runway, except instead of all the behind the scenes drama and rush, we just got to see the finished projects of 60 of Virginia's finest youth designers.  I did not have high expectations for this, honestly, but after going, I was WOWed!  I also was super proud of my girl, Grace, and her outfit.  It was definitely the top 10% of the designs there.  

So the challenge, to go to the VMFA (Virginia Museum of Fine Arts) and take inspiration from a piece of art and recreate it into a wearable outfit using any materials that are not fabric.  Here are her results:


Her Model working that runway!

Grace and her model standing beside her inspiration (the gold bell/glass thing in the background)

Proud Momma!

Three of the girls in the youth program!

No comments:

Post a Comment