Thursday, October 25, 2012

Falling into Fall!

It seems like overnight that I woke up and the trees have changed from their lovely lush green to shades of yellow, orange, and red.  I go outside in the morning and the chill is in the air.  I can walk into any Starbucks, Target, or Grocery store and smell that famous pumpkin spice that all only comes around this time of the year.  It can only mean one thing: FALL IS HERE!

More and more I have been noticing the beauty of God's paintbrush on the trees as I drive to work in the morning.  I often find myself reflecting about the beauty and glory in His creation.  It is a nice reminder on tough days that there is a God that cares enough to turn one tiny leaf from green to yellow, orange or red; of course he cares enough to care for me--His daughter!

Believe me, it is a lot prettier in person, but I wanted a visual of all the colors!

This time of year would not be complete without candy corn and apple cider; pumpkin patches and apple pickin'; warm scarfs and cozy homes.  Well 4 out of 6 ain't bad.  I did not make it to the pumpkin patch and I am waiting on a scarf (this is a not very subtle hint, CJ ;) ).

Last night, I had like 90 minutes from the time I got home until when I was going to go to bed.  So what else would I decide to do but bake cookies....and not just any cookies, Candy Corn Cookies!  I found this idea online over a year ago and made them last year, they were pretty easy (just take a little time) and are so festive, I had to do it again.

First, you start with 3 equal size portions of sugar cookie dough and color them in yellow, orange, and keep one neutral.


Layer them with the orange in the middle and either color on the other side in a loaf or square pan.

I forgot to take a picture here but the idea is to them cut off long strips about 1/4 in thick and cut diagonally to create triangles.  Bake and then you end up with these:
They taste just as good as they look, I tested one last night!
Happy Fall, whatever your plans may be!  

1 comment:

  1. yayayay!!! :) So fun! Can't wait to see you tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete