Thursday, May 3, 2012

Girlfriends, but not the lesbian kind!

So there is a quote I love by an unknown author that reads, "Friendship isn't a big thing, it's a million little things."  Well I got the joy of experience just one of those million little things tonight.  Two of my best girlfriends, CJ and Anna, came over for dinner (to eat up the leftovers in my fridge as I was going out of town).  We chatted, drank a little bit, ate cookies and just enjoyed each other's company.  It is really hard for me to image 4 years ago when these ladies were not even in my life (well not in any big way anyway); now it is hard for be to envision the next 8 days without seeing them at all!  They know my life, they know my heart and they love me just the same.  It's a wonderful thing.  


And it's not just one little thing....its a million....
* drinking buddies
* prayer partners
* vacation buddies
* Sex and the City fantics
* Downton Abbey Lovers
* Hokie fans
* encouragers
* And best of all....FRIENDS!


Here is a picture of us 10 years from now.....Oh wait, that is just our alter egos :)
Miranda = CJ, the sensible one
Carrie = Anna, the stylish one
Charlotte = Me, the traditional one
(As a side note, our good friend Emily completes the quartet as a great Samantha!)

I love these girls so much and am so blessed by their presence in my life. 

(Dear CJ & Anna, after all that fuss about my blog, did you honestly think I wouldn't write about it?  XOXO)



2 comments:

  1. I love this! I love it when all four of us ladies are together. Have a wonderful trip - we will miss you LOTS! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh check it out! You can totally subscribe by email! :) Loves it!

    ReplyDelete