Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Slacking

So it would appear that I have not written much about books lately....that is because I have been slacking on the reading.  But I am back with vengeance.  I started "The Fixer Upper" on Sunday and I am already about a quarter of the way through.  Then next up is the "Hunger Game" series before the movie comes out in late March.  So stay tuned for more posts soon (hopefully).  


But don't you worry, I have been filling my time just the same.  I have really really been trying to make an effort at leaving ONE night free a week to be home and be in solitude, and well lately, that has NOT been happening.  This week's schedule looks something like this:


Monday--bible study with the girls
Tuesday--dinner with a friend, cocktail party with other people from my Young Professional's Group
Wednesday--dinner with my brother, then a leadership meeting 
Thursday--dinner and movie with mom and Gracia
Friday--happy hour and dinner with my friend Anna, then hitting the dance club!
Saturday--dinner and cocktails with a small group of friends
Sunday--church and youth group.
Monday--back to Bible study again
Tuesday---wait for it, wait for it....Ahhhhh, I have the night off and it is sure as heck staying that way.  My friend Anna and I are committing to keep Tuesdays free going forward to spend some time in solitude.  No TV, no computer, no plans....just spending time thinking about our friends, family, and country and spending concentrated time praying for each and every person in our life!  I am beyond excited about this and I think the much needed respite will be good for me and her!

No comments:

Post a Comment