Friday, March 9, 2012

Back in the saddle (book 5 of 26)

Okay Okay, so almost a month with no reading and I come back with force!  As I mentioned I started reading "The Fixer Upper" by Mary Kay Andrews on Sunday.  The book was an easy read but still fell into the 657 (I think) page category, but I finished it last night and managed to start another book then....the long awaited (for me, anyway) Hunger Games.  I had the first one on my kindle but did not want to start until I knew I could go right onto book #2 and #3, I have heard they are addicting.  So I have a friend bringing me book 2 and 3 on Sunday, thus, I needed to start concurring book 1.  So far so good, I am 20% into the book on my kindle and hope to have it finished sometime tomorrow!


So what to report...I love love love "The Fixer Upper", thanks Erica for the recommendation :)  And so far, I am loving The Hunger Games.  I actually went to see a movie last night and one of the previews was for the Hunger Games movie, so now I am that much more excited to get it done before March 23rd!!!  Stay Tuned.


So my report so far...
1. Five Love Languages
2. Sisterhood Everlasting
3. The Holocaust Diaries
4. Private #1 Suspect
5. The Fixer Upper


Next Up....
6. The Hunger Games
7. Catching Fire (book 2)
8. Mocking Jay (book 3)
9. The Carrie Diaries
10. The girl with the Dragon Tattoo
11. The girl who played with Fire
12. The Girl who kicked the Hornet's Nest


I still need to finish The Purpose Driven Life, I am not 100% interested in it, but I like it enough to finish it...so hopefully that will fall in somewhere along the way.


This weekend will be somewhat low-key, which is nice, although I do have a few things on the agenda.  Tonight is Happy Hour, dinner, and Shopping with my dear friend, Anna, at our favorite place Plaza Azteca.  We plan to get Jumbo Margs and walk our buzz off at the shops nearby.  Yes, we are pathetic but we love it! 


Tomorrow, I hope to finish up some scrap-booking in the AM, then I am having dinner at my friend, Brian's house.  He is a fantastic cook, so it should be super fun!  


Then Sunday, the normal church routine and hopefully some playtime outside since it will be close to 70!!!


What are you up to this weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment