Monday, January 30, 2012

Mummies...in RICHMOND?

So last Sunday, my friend Anna and I decided we would tag along with our friends Emily and Morgan to see the Mummy exhibit at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts.  Well it was, lets say, interesting.  The exhibit itself was not too large (after seeing the Picasso exhibit a few months earlier I was expecting room after room of exhibits and we just got one big room).  But the exhibit starts with a 3-D movie about one mummy and shows how archaeologists can now tell so much about the mummies with scans of their body.  It was quite cool to learn about that who technique.  In addition to the mummy exhibit we got to see a bonus exhibit--Elvis at 21, showcasing a number of photos of Elvis on tour right before he started becoming truly famous, with him having a brief stop in Richmond.  I was not expecting much as I was never a HUGE Elvis fan, but I actually really enjoyed this exhibit and think it would be worth it to check it out.


A picture of Anna and I before we went into the Museum:


No comments:

Post a Comment