Friday, October 25, 2013

So I spent last night baking.  I finished up my apple butter and then started on these cookies for the Halloween party this weekend.  It is a simply sugar cookie dough recipe (found here), I halved the recipe for this and it still made a bunch of cookies.  Once the dough is made, you spilt it into 3 equal parts.  Keeping one the plain and then coloring one orange and one yellow.  Once you have give it an hour-ish in the fridge, you will layer the dough on top of each other to make a sort of brick.  Orange and yellow on either end and the plain color in the middle.  

The finished product should look something like this:

I stole this picture from the internet, so I obviously did my pattern a little differently.

As you can see above, the idea is to then cut the cookies into triangle shapes to look like candy corn.  Here is my finished product:




Since I had some extra dough, I went ahead and made a cookie for Corbin too....


Looks just like him, huh?

Anyway, I hope you all have a weekend full of fall goodness!  Have a....

(stole this picture from another blog I follow--7th house on the left)

No comments:

Post a Comment