Thursday, June 20, 2013

Breakfast at Tiffany's

So up until recently, my best experience with Breakfast at Tiffany's was this song:



But when my friend Elaine's 30th birthday came into the picture, I thought it would be the perfect theme for a birthday for her, so I decided to watch Ms. Holly Golightly in the movie, "Breakfast at Tiffany's."  I have to say, it was not my most favorite movie to date but that does not mean I did not enjoy planning a party with a theme around it! My friends, Kristi and CJ helped me with the decor and food and Lisa opened up her house and arranged Elaine to come for "a quiet dinner with her."  So here it is, at LONG last, Ms. Elaine's Surprise 30th birthday Breakfast at Tiffany's theme party:


Publisher Made framed art for the party!

The tablescape

Happy Birthday Elaine Banner (in Tiffany Blue--DUH!)

We had make you own Mimosas to go with the breakfast theme

Ms. Holly Golightly herself made an appearance or two....

Breakfast foods completed the evening party!

Tiffany boxes, Tiffany blue cupcakes and blueberry muffins!

What I've found does the most good is just to get into a taxi and go to Tiffany's.

I think Elaine was surprised by the party, surprised that her parents came up from Charlotte for it, and surprised by the theme (I had a pinterest board she had seen, but told her it was for a wedding shower I was throwing---a little white lie never hurt anyone).

Now for some the people in attendance:
CJ and Kristi

Patrick, Anna, & Mary Ruth

The Birthday Princess herself!

Anna, Kathryn, and me (plus a few photo bombers)

Anna and me

Lila, Anna, CJ, me, Kathryn, and Kristi!
Overall, I think it was a fantastic time and I think she loved the theme and the party, so it was a success, I would say!  Happy Birthday Elaine!

P.S.--Sorry to everyone that now has the Deep Blue Something song stuck in your head, but it is rather catchy!

No comments:

Post a Comment