Thursday, November 15, 2012

Reading....one of my favorite pastimes?

Here lately you would be hard-pressed to prove that I actually enjoy reading, but I do!  I have been having to practically force myself to start a new book; I blame it on the TV and cold weather.  It is a cycle and it goes like this....It is cold outside....all I want to do is cuddle up in a blanket with 52 layers of clothes on so I am warm.....I get so warm in my cacoon that I start getting tired....instead of reading, I just want to watch T.V. cause reading just makes me sleepy.....then I get hot in my blanket and break free.....only to be cold again in another 5 minutes.  I worry about myself going through menopause someday if I already have these crazy temperature swings!

Anyway, I have had some free time between work and meetings and such this week, so I have taken it upon myself to really dive into my current book, Wild.  Mainly because it took me forever to get it from the library and it is due back next Friday, so I am working on a bit of a deadline here.  Well this approach seems to be working, I put my nose in a book and now I am hooked (turns out reading actually makes me a rhymer too).  I am over 1/3 of the way through and I cannot wait to hear how it ends--this is a great place to be at for all you non-readers....because this means that all the free time I have will be channeled towards my reading rather than other useless tasks (like packing for that big move I have coming up next week).

Moving right along....and yes I was reading at a stoplight in the car while waiting to go!
So maybe the last 4-5 books on my list will get done before the year is up after-all :)

2 comments:

  1. I think by the end of the year, you'll have read like 4 or 5 times the number of books that I've read!

    ReplyDelete