Monday, February 5, 2018

The Day with 3 outfit changes...and counting!

Today started like any other day, the struggle to get out of bed was real and the only saving grace was the two adorable faces I get to wake up to (and no, I am not referring to the pets).  Today was business as usual, which for us on leave from work is basically trying to soak up all the sleep we can and figure out when to get a shower and pump (for me) and snuggle our little baby girl.  Well as I was in our room pumping, Marc was changing Olivia's diaper when she spit up all over her first outfit of the day, no big deal, these things happen and she needed a bath anyway.  So we got her ready for bath time, washed her and put her in outfit #2 had some lunch and continued on our way.  I should say here that Marc let me sleep in this morning, so I suggested he take a nap to catch up on the sleep he missed last night.  Right about then Olivia started getting antsy so I went to change her and Marc came with me.  Cocky as ever, I said "I think I can manage changing her diaper by myself, go get your nap!"  Famous last words, as I was taking off her diaper, Olivia peed on her second outfit of the day.  No big deal, right?  These things happen.  Well I figured if she just peed she would not need to go again, so I picked up the naked baby (who needs diapers if everything has already come out for the moment?) and started cleaning her off with baby wipes cause we were not going for two baths today.   Well right as I picked her up to hold against me so I could clean up the mess, she decided she had not quite finished her business and that is how Mommy ended up needing a new outfit too cause she managed to get not just my top but also my jeans when she peed.

My ego in check, I went to put sweatpants on while Dad finished up with Ms. Olivia.  I guess sometimes I do need help afterall!

I only look sweet and innocent :)

Hopefully we are done with the outfit changes for the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment