Monday, October 5, 2015

Welcome to the family, Kaitlyn!

In a little under 2 weeks, Kaitlyn will officially become part of the family when she marries my cousin, Keith.  Though in reality, she has been a part of the family for years now, attending Williams Family Christmas Breakfast for as long as I can think back to!  But in order to officially welcome her to the family, Bons and I hosted a little brunch shower for her upcoming wedding.  When asked what theme, she simply said she trusted me and I could do whatever I wanted--YES!  

So I started with this rustic, feminine shower invitation I found on Shutterfly and went from there...

Simply white and green floral arrangement tied everything together!  

"Love is sweet, Please take a treat"
The favor was a s'more kit, so people could go home and share a s'more with their significant other (or each them both themselves--no judgement):


I found a "W" at Michael's that was HOT PINK, but was marked way down, so I brought it home and gave it a couple of coats of spray paint and viola, it fits right in.  I used my Virginia cutting board and the invite to tie in the rest of the centerpiece.

I printed hearts on kraft paper and cut them out and taped them to thread to create a cute and easy banner.

Since I am not super big on shower games, I always pick easy ones.  This one was the purse game where people used their purse to mark off things that had different points value.  The person with the most points at the end wins!  I found a cute Mason Jar picture and just added the list to it.  I was able to print them two to a page and simple cut them out, tied some raffia at the top and attached a pen for easy use:


I also encouraged people to write their favorite date night idea on a Popsicle stick so Keith and Kaitlyn can have some fun ideas to start their marriage together.

A longer version of the hearts banner:

As luck would have it, the Target one spot had a fun cute things including this chalkboad banner, so I bought it and added Mr. & Mrs. to it, easy peasy!

Now for the food.  Since it was a brunch, we obviously had mimosas, but also wanted a mix of sweet and savory:

Donut Hole Kabobs

Love is sweet cake

Caprese Bites

Pimento Cheese with Ritz Crackers

Fruit Cups

Mini Quiches and Chicken and Waffle Sliders

Feta and Onion Tarts

Pigs in a Blanket

I wish I had gotten more pictures of the people there, but alas, I at least captured a few of the lovely bride:


Can't wait to celebrate your marriage in less than two weeks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment