Monday, August 17, 2015

Let's get away...

I have been going to Bavon Beach for as long as I can remember and even now, it is one of my favorite places to visit! It has the perfect combination of things to do, scenery and the ability to force yourself to relax (which, lets be honest, I need sometime).  So I always try to arrange a weekend every year to visit the Bay and disconnect...and every year it is wonderful.  

Bons, Aunt Gloria and I went down for a girls weekend, leaving Friday after work.  We stopped at a restaurant in Matthews on the way into town and grabbed some dinner before settling in for the evening.  


It happened to be a "blue moon," whatever that means--I googled it and am still a little unsure, but the moon shined so much better over the serene bay that I was not complaining...


We did lots of relaxing on the beach, went to some yard sales, read some, enjoyed great food and company and even had time to take some pictures....

We went to this great restaurant on Saturday night called Seabreeze, where they had an impressive display of bouys outside!  It is also right on the Bay so we snapped a few pictures by the water...





Sunday morning, we were up early to do some exploring before relaxing by the water.  We took the golf cart on a ride up to the overlook and enjoyed the slight breeze in our face...



If you look real close, you can see the New Point Comfort Lighthouse in the distance in this picture.  It is one of the oldest lighthouses still standing on the bay, the lighthouse has been standing since 1805!!!


It is a real blessing to be able to spend time with family and to enjoy such a beautiful location!  Thanks Aunt Gloria and Uncle Jerry for opening your home to me year after year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment