Tuesday, May 13, 2014

A great surprise...

I hope all of you mothers out there had a fabulous Mother's Day!  We kept ours pretty low key, I had my brother over, along with two friends (aka "adopted daughters") to celebrate my mom.  We grilled steaks, enjoyed baked potatoes and salads and she even got her favorite dessert--homemade Shoney's hot fudge cake!  But probably her most favorite part of the day was her mother's day surprise.

So, a little background: I moved back home last year after first selling my house, then second having the rental house I was living in sold out from under me.  So instead of finding yet another temporary address within 6 months, I just decided to move home (assuming this would be much more temporary than it has become, however life happens and you blink and it's a year later).  Anyway, my mother has graciously allowed me to live here rent free, so as to save for a future house, well I wanted to pay her back in a big way, so alas her mother's day surprise:


This will be pretty hard to top when her birthday rolls around....

No comments:

Post a Comment