Friday, May 31, 2013

Greek Festival 2013

So every year for the last 38, the Greek Festival has been a staple of Richmond life.  I remember going to this festival as a child and here I am 20ish years later still enjoying it!  The food, the dancing, the friends, what's not to love?  This year was no exception, it was a good time!  The only downfall?  The heat!  We arrived last night when it was sitting at about 90 degrees and no wind at all, I guess summer has finally arrived!
Dancing!

Me, CJ, and Kristi

So I normally get a soulvaki, but last night when I ordered it, I think they must have thought I wanted a gyro cause that is what I got!  Not my favorite but I was already sitting down and was not excited about going out in the heat again to switch it out, so I had that for dinner!  Then dessert was none other than BAKLAVA!  A Greek staple...soooo good and sweet and honey-ish!  Seriously, does that not look yummy?
Baklava

Me and Andy--sibling love!

Overall, it was a great time.  Some quality time with friends, and my brother even stopped by to say Hi!  And just to make you feel like you are right there with us, here is a video of some Greek dancing:



No comments:

Post a Comment