Monday, May 6, 2013

B-squared!

This weekend I got my BABY and BLACKSBURG fix as I traveled down to my home away from home to visit my friends, Sarah and Matt, and their cute little guy, Kyle!  Erica came down from Northern Virginia to join in on the fun too!



Sooo cute!
He is such a great little baby and was happy to tag along as we did all kinds of fun things.  Friday night I got in town about 7:15 and we headed out to some yummy Mexican for dinner.  Then after we got home, we all hung out for awhile before bed.  Then we were up early Saturday morning and started on a fun day of campus touring and Blacksburg/Christiansburg fun.  In the *gasp* 8 years *gasp* since we have graduated, Virginia Tech has changed A LOT!  New buildings are going up left and right, so it is always part of the trip to see what is new on campus.  Many more new buildings and new construction under-way.  Parking garages, bio-technology buildings, and a fine-arts building complete with honeycomb windows.  It is nice to see our little community thrive so much!

New Baseball field--Astroturf everywhere but the pitcher's mound, so yup--the green, dirt and maroon is all fake grass!

Good Old Burruss Hall


After driving around campus and hitting up the campus bookstore for some hokie swag, we ended up in Squires and I caught sight this little guy:

It is a hokie Duke Dog for all my JMU friends out there.  He was a gift after the April 16th shooting years ago.  After hanging out in the student center, it was off to lunch downtown at our favorite restaurant: Souvlaki!  After lunch, it was off to Christiansburg to hit up the Once Upon a Child for some baby hokie gear and then off to do some more shopping (we are girls after all).

We headed home mid-afternoon so Sarah could get ready for a dinner date with Matt, and Erica and I graciously offered to babysit the cutie pie!  
Me and Kyle

Baby Hokie Fan!

It had been a long day for us and for little Kyle, so after mommy and daddy left, he feel asleep in my arms while Erica and I watched Lincoln.
cute little baby hands!!!
I was on the road early (6:45) Sunday morning to get back for church, so I was out the door before goodbyes (we did those Saturday night anyway), but it was loads of fun and great to see everyone!

Erica with Kyle (picture from Erica)

Sarah with Kyle and Chef!


Until next trip....

No comments:

Post a Comment