Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Skydiving 101

Okay okay, so I FINALLY got to go Skydiving.  After only 3 failed attempts (too much wind, raining, and a flooded runway), I felt that i had heard ever excuse in the book, but yesterday, Monday, November 14th, I made my first ever jump out of an airplane.  And it will likely be my last.  I was not super impressed with skydiving!  First thing, you get harnessed in--man that mess is uncomfortable.  Then you go hop in a tiny plane and get a quick briefing before you reach the height where you jump out.  Three simple steps and success, right?  WRONG!  I felt very out of control and did not feel things went as smoothly as they should.  As it turned out when we had a semi-crash landing on the ground--OUCH!  We were told that it was windier than they thought and we probably should not have actually gone today.  WHOOPS!  But all in all, aside from my sore back and bottom from where we landed (I think I made out waaaaaaay better than my tandem guy), the view was beautiful and the experience was definitely once in a lifetime.  Do I suggest you do it?  Maybe, if you are up for the challenge.  But I cannot say I am one of those people that walked away with the mentality of being in love with the experience!  It was not my favorite thing and I do think I am a little bit of a thrill seeker...I love roller coasters, like climbing walls, and love those canopy tours/ziplines, but it is definitely an experience I will NEVER forget!

1 comment: