Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The happiest place on Earth???

So I was having dinner at a girlfriend's house on Sunday night and she was saying how she had never been to Disneyworld.  My jaw about dropped.  How it is that anyone can make it to their middle 20s without having visited the Happiest Place on earth!  I grew up in a fantastic family where we learned a LOT about budgeting and the value of spending time with each other.  My parents were big savers, but knew when it was important to spend money too.  So we would take a family vacation about every 3-4 years.  I went to Disney twice in my youth and LOVED it!  We never got the mickey mouse ears or stayed at the "cool" hotels.  It was Holiday Inns and McDonalds, but we got to experience the gift of spending time together and spending 1-2 FULL days at the parks (we are talking sun up to sun down...we were going to get our money's worth!).  


So since my friend has never been to Disneyworld, we are going to make things right and plan a long weekend trip down there.  So I need help from you, blog family.  Do you have any tips or great resources for getting deals on tickets to the parks?  We are aiming to do this trip in the most cost-effective way possible, but still to make the most of our short time there.  Disney as an adult...should be interesting.  We joked about the need to borrow a kid so we would "fit in" but I am confident we will find fun things to do there for our adult selves, it wont be VEGAS (which I think may be the Adult version of Disney) but it should be some great PG fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment