Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Olivia is 30 weeks today

We hit two exciting milestones today:

1. Olivia turned 30 weeks gestation today!
2. I had my first post-op appointment and my doctor was pleased with my BP numbers and told me come Saturday, I could drive again and can resume most normal activity! 

Here is where we have come in the past 10 days, since Olivia's birth:

* She started at 38% oxygen on CPAP and as of today is down to somewhere between 21-25% (21% is what we breath).  She is struggling to continually breath so she gave her mom quite the scare today with her alarm bells going off every few minutes.  But she is correcting herself and starting to breath again, which her nurses say is normal for her age.  We always hear, "remember: she is not supposed to be having to do this at her age."  These reminders are great for a momma's heart to hear.

* She started at 2.5ml worth of breast milk per feeding and is now up to 22ml per feeding.  Her feedings occur every 3 hours and she is tolerating it well.  The additional feedings will help her continue to put on weight and grow--which is her main objective now.

* Her birth weight was 2 lbs 4 ounces and as of today she is up to 2 lbs 7.3 ounces.  So she is certainly making strides to gain weight!

* I (momma) got to help with a diaper change on Sunday, as well as, take her temperature and wipe her sweet little mouth (she has a tendency to droll out milk after her feedings)





* And because everyone loves a good poop story--Olivia has been producing her fair share of waste as well.  It took her a few days to poop, but she finally came around and she is keeping things regular--which is a good sign of things working well internally too! 💩

Overall, we are so very pleased with her progress and we absolutely love all her nurses.  NICU nurses are the best (in my opinion), they are so amazing with her and it is obvious how much they all love what they do.

Side note: I am totally obsessed with her hands, she is always fidgeting with things (she gets that honestly from me), but its so adorable to see her simple movements:



2 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord from whom ALL blessings flow! What a precious little girl! I love reading your posts about her, about your experience. My baby brother was premature many years ago.My mother told us he could fit in her hand. He is married with 3 children and truly a miracle! I am so thankful you are doing well. We will pray for Olivia. Can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ms. Adams, we appreciate all the prayers, love and support!

      Delete