Thursday, November 19, 2015

Home away from Home

It seems fitting that as I get ready to head out for yet another Hokie football weekend that I finally update about my trip to my home away from home, Blacksburg, for homecoming back in October.

In keeping with tradition, we had dinner at my favorite Blacksburg restaurant, Souvlaki.  Sarah and Kyle and Amanda met up with us there and we laughed over delicious pitas and tzatziki, before heading back to Sarah's to spend the night.  


Since it was homecoming, we were up early to see the Parade and make sure to hit up the homecoming tailgate, complete with BBQ and Bold Rock all before 11am!  Classy!
Kyle with his pumpkins!

I know judging by the next few pictures it is hard to tell, but these were all pre-tailgate (pre-Bold Rock), so do not be alarmed, that is just my personality!
Kyle and me watching the parade


silly faces!
 Okay so this might be getting into tailgate territory....
Running around!

Trying to hop in on the couples photo!

Twin tattoos!

En route to the stadium, we stopped for a photo op at our Freshman Dorm--ahhh the memories!

And grabbed a photo with Lane Stadium!

Apparently you can buy smiles, I give them away for free, so maybe I need to figure out what the going rate is....

We picked up these super sweet foam fingers, so of course I wanted photos showing our Hokie pride:


Once we got to the game, not pictured: the lady behind me that kept dropping her food in my hair--GROSS!

Lane Stadium = LOVE!

Looking forward to celebrating with 66,000 of my closest friends this weekend as we send off Frank Beamer in his last home game!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment