Tuesday, April 7, 2015

A day in the life of a family of 5: Norfolk Edition!

March 20-22nd weekend, I went down to Norfolk to spend a fun weekend with the kiddos!  Though the weather was not as warm as it has been lately, we still were able to be outside a lot, including a trip to the zoo, the park and an Easter egg hunt!  It has been so cute to watch these little guys grow up so much over the years and it is fun that they are really developing the sibling love and rivalry that I so much love from my childhood!  Let's get onto the cuteness...

Twinning at its finest--can you guess who is who?

Holden giving off his cutest smile ever!

Garrett LOVES the swing!

While Holden loves to climb and explore!

As is almost always the case, I never go down there empty handed and they have grown to love my banana muffins, so that has almost become a staple when I come!  Here is Holden enjoying the last bit of a muffin!


Then as promised the Easter egg hunt, which basically went like this, Corbin finds eggs, shakes them to find out if there is candy or not and chucks them back in the yard "for the babies" if they are empty.
egg searching

Found one!

Can you spot the eggs?

Corbin did!

Look Holden found one!

Corbin giving Garrett a "hug" aka a headlock!

While mom and dad went to Costco with the twins, Corbin and I got some time at the park, where Corbin kept doing this over and over again at our "tea" party: 
He is pretending that the tea is putting him to sleep!

there was sliding!
 After awhile at the park we went to Doumar's for dinner, where Corbin got a hot dog sandwich and I got BBQ and a limeaid--YUM!


On Sunday we decided to trek out to the zoo, three adults, three children, should be easy enough, right?
Corbin "climbing" on the rocks

A momma and her three little cubs watching the gorilla!

Just monkeying around!

Corbin with his favorite animal, the giraffe
 And then everyone started melting down....
A real life example of why three adults may still not be enough when screaming kids are involved....

Do what you gotta do!

Overall, it was a wonderful, yet tiring visit!  I have no idea how Tiffany and Josh do it every single day, all I can say is I wish I had the energy of a 4 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment